Saturday, December 21, 2013

Why Okie Geek?

I wanted to start a blog that deals with my passion. As you can see from my first blog, I really love this stuff. It also needed to be something which can't be found on the blogosphere right now. A place for my fellow geeks to talk about the culture in Oklahoma.

Unfortunately, the culture is all still very new in this state. There are sadly very few outlets on the local level for our fellow geeks. The only convention in Oklahoma City is Sooner Con which takes place in June. While it can be a fun weekend, it's mostly a literary convention, with little focus on comics, sci fi/fantasy, etc. Tulsa used to have Trek Expo, but that folded suspiciously earlier this year.

Good news then came for T-Town when Wizard World announced it was including Tulsa in its schedule next November.

In central Oklahoma, some groups do focus on pop culture fandom such as Jedi OKC and Doctor Who fan club OKC Serendipity.

I have been doing this a long time and hope to provide my expertise to young people who are just getting to know this fun and exciting world.

I think this blog spot can also be a place for discussion about things like getting a comic convention to central Oklahoma or where events are going on around the Sooner State.

It's a brave new world for all of us and I look forward to the future!

No comments: